Your brand is more than just a name, a logo, and a slogan—it’s what keeps your company noticeable and distinct from your competitors. Understanding your branding and rebranding strategy is crucial to making your brand successful.
Building a brand is essential to giving your company its own identity, and it is crucial to the advertising and marketing of what products and services you sell. Your brand should be true to your vision of your company. If all of its parts don’t work together cohesively, your brand can be confusing at best, and unrecognizable at worst.
The best way to successfully build your brand is to listen to employees, customers, and stakeholders when they tell you that your brand is inconsistent. To refuse any constructive criticism is to deny your company the opportunity to grow. At Soak Creative, we’re a Brisbane brand agency that can help your business’s brand ensure its brand consistency across all platforms.
Why do you need brand consistency?
Brand consistency is the best way to ensure your company is set apart from any other company selling the same thing. If it isn’t consistent, then consumers will never know what why they should buy your product instead of anyone else’s. When a brand has consistency, consumers can know what to expect every time they visit a store, agency, or website.
When you keep in mind that social media and technology evolve and expand over time, the cohesive parts of a brand can become much more difficult to maintain.
At Soak, we’re a professional Brisbane brand agency who understand the ever-growing popularity of technology. We also recognize that while these branding techniques are new, they are just as important to brand consistency as classic methods, like brochures and flyers, are to maintaining your brand.
It’s not as simple as creating a logo and a catchy slogan—brand consistency is nuanced, with multiple moving parts, including:
- Logos – How large are they? Do they consist of words, or pictures? Are there different logos for different advertising materials, and why?
- Fonts – Is it a classic look with a serif font, or a more modern, sans serif option? Pick a font that matches the tone of your website.
- Tone – Your market can largely determine your tone, or it could be based off of personal preference. Are you traditionally professional? Sarcastic? The language you use in your marketing materials are the indicator of tone you should look at.
- Colour palette – The colours you pick can also be indicative of your tone or voice. This should also be in congruence with your logo colours, most likely.
- Marketing material – What kind of templates do you use for different materials, and why?
- Social media – Keep all of your social media platforms consistent with everything you have already established elsewhere. Social media websites include Facebook pages, Instagram, or Twitter.
Soak knows that your brand, and any brand in Brisbane, is unique. We don’t simply want to have you copy off of other successful brands or rebrand your company to fit a specific model—your brand should be unique in its concept, with this uniqueness carried consistently across every aspect of its design.
If your brand truly reflects the authenticity of the message you’re trying to convey, it should be simpler to keep your brand consistent. No matter how much you spend to keep an inauthentic idea from dying, the only way your brand will be successful is if it’s true to your message. Soak’s Brisbane brand agency can help you understand the goals of your brand and help actualize them to their full potential.
Retaining brand consistency with your brand Style Guide
Style guides are an essential part to enforcing a cohesive, consistent brand, both in the eyes of your customers and your employees.
A brand style guide is a compendium of all these aspects, gathered together in one useful resource. It can be as simple as a single page of information or a full, multi-page book that covers each bit of stylistic minutiae of your company.
Here’s why brand style guides are such a vital tool in retaining brand consistency for your company, your employees, and the agencies that work with you – https://soak.co/brand-style-guides-building-consistent-brand/
Why might brand consistency be difficult for my needs?
One of the reasons your brand may be hard to keep consistent across all platforms is that you may be in need of a rebrand. Soak Creative isn’t just a Brisbane brand agency – we’re professionals in rebranding as well.
If you find that:
- You need to reach out to a new target demographic
- Your brand is not true to its original intention or to who you are
- You are in a legal situation in which your brand is too similar to another
- You’ve hired a new marketing team
It may be necessary to consider a rebrand strategy. Soak, as a Brisbane rebrand agency, can help focus your brand into something consistent, new, and able to fulfill your needs as a company.
Think your business may need a rebrand? Here’s 4 reasons why your business may need a rebrand.
Rebranding can also be considered when your brand has already gained its reputation. New companies that try to rebrand too early can look messy and disorganized, but if you’re rebranding to evolve your brand and not to create it again from scratch, it can be appropriate to rebrand. A skilled rebrand agency can tell you all you need to know about keeping your brand consistent, even through change.
Soak Creative can help any Brisbane company see how their brand can improve upon itself and ensure its consistency across all platforms. Contact us today for more information.