Do you own a small, Queensland business?
Are you looking for a leg-up to take your idea to the next level?
Have you always wanted to try digital marketing, experiment with social media or improve the look and feel of your website?
We have some good news. The Small Business Digital Grants Program is now taking applications!
You’ll have to act fast however, as the closing date is fast approaching and your window of opportunity will slam shut on the 11th of April.
What is the Small Business Digital Grant?
The Small Business Digital Grants Program is the brain-child of the Queensland government, developed to help local businesses reach their potential in a competitive global environment. The successful applicants will be supported in their purchase of digital marketing services, software, websites and hardware up to the cost of $10,000 – your eyes aren’t deceiving you, the government wants you to have an awesome website, too.
What Do You Need to Do to Be Successful?
While we’re happy to help you with your application, before you reach out, think about how you’ll address the following criteria:
- How will your elected services – whether it be website design, CMS or digital marketing – enhance the digital presence and capabilities of your brand/business?
- How will the fruits of the grant help your business be more competitive in the market?
- Will additional funding help you expand staff numbers down the line?
And here’s a few eligibility qualifiers to tick off before you apply:
- You must employ fewer than 20 people at the time of application;
- You must have an ABN number and be registered for GST;
- Primary operations must be here in Queensland or operate mostly in Queensland;
- And you must declare if any owners or directors of the business are insolvent or undischarged bankrupt.
Why is the QLD Government Investing in Digital for Small Business?
Because we can’t say it much better than the Comms team at QLD headquarters, we’ve CTRL-C and CTRL-V’ed the objectives for your reading curiosity:
- Assist small businesses to access the latest digital technologies to increase their productivity and competitiveness;
- Enable small businesses to employ more staff and grow;
- Provide access to training that will allow small businesses to use new technologies more effectively; and
- Enable regional small businesses to expand their market reach through greater online presence
- Assist small businesses to work smarter, be more innovative and work fewer hours.
After You Apply
You’ll receive a decision within 8 weeks of lodgement. Remember, you must not contract, begin or purchase your desired product or service – in part of full – until you receive your funding letter. This is your official confirmation and the green-light on your new online venture.
Get a Government Funded Website – Start Your Application with SOAK Today. Applications Close 11th April 2018.